Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Joy for the Journey

Image from Madisonvillearts.com
I am a self-proclaimed late bloomer. This no longer bothers me because I have come to realize that many of the finer things in life take time to fully ripen...fruit, wine, cheese, just to name a few. I can admit that once upon a time I did not appreciate this slow development. I wanted things to happen NOW and would try everything in my power to speed the process.

Have you tasted a regular store bought tomato lately? What is that??? Rushed to maturity, picked before it's peak, forced to grow up too fast...lacks...lacks substance. That is kind of what aspects of my life began looking like whenever my impatience took the driver seat. My desire to arrive quickly, painlessly, effortlessly at a very specific destination caused me to miss the joy of the trip.

Several years ago, a very good friend of mine shared this story with me: She and her now husband were invited to a dinner party with several other couples. Cinnamon took center stage at this party..no really, the spice...Cinnamon!! Every dish served including the entree, contained this aphrodisiac, blood pressure regulating, spicy ingredient. Precious detail was taken from the table settings to the mood lighting to the party favor gifts by the gracious hostess. As this group savored the last morsels of the delectable meal, my friend jumped up and began clearing dishes. Upon seeing this, the hostess gently stops my friend. And with the slightest touch from the hostess' hand on my friends shoulder accompanied by a very sincere gaze she says "No honey, tonight we sit and enjoy each other's company. Tomorrow I will get the delicious pleasure of washing the champagne flutes one by one as I recall the memorable time we are experiencing right now"!

Whatsoever resonates in your heart at this moment...Live it fully!!!

Blessings for a prosperous Christmas Season!


Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Season, new blog

 It is a season of new beginnings for me.  I started a new blog on a different platform  www.jodisjoy.com  you can find it by clicking the l...