Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Juicy bits





















I made a commitment.
I made a pact with myself.
Wait, can you make a pact with yourself, or is that only between two parties? I actually just Googled the answer and apparently since the internet is never ever wrong, yes you can.
I made a decision to develop my writing and myself through blogging. This involves not only developing and conveying ideas, but it includes a willingness to show up always authentically and at times vulnerably.

It is midweek. I sat down to write and seriously could not think of one thing to share. Sounds crazy right?  I prayed and asked, "God, what should I share?". I scrolled through Instagram, nothing leaped out at me. My gallery did not spur any light bulb moments either. So I sat awhile longer in front of the screen determined to stick to my goal.

Noticing the images icon at the top of the blogger screen, I clicked. Right before my eyes appeared every single image I have ever posted in this blog- over 10 years worth of photographs. I saw my grandmothers who have both gone on to Heaven. Pictures of my family, vacations, delicious meals, and celebrations beckoned me to further explore. I smiled. It was the picture at the top that stopped me in my tracks.

This is where my journey with this blog began. My intention was to write about anything and everything that stirred my soul, that brought me joy. I originally named it Juicy Bits of Joy, and now I wonder what ever made me change it. Envisioning my hand filled with juicy bits, I enlisted the assistance of my brilliant photographer friend to help make my dream a reality. I carried a baggie full of strawberries to Cost Plus World Market and looked for the perfect backdrop. I knew I wanted my blog to have a global appeal due to my love of travel both far and wide. I knew I wanted a bohemian flair because I love the look. I knew I wanted an open hand because it implies both giving and receiving. When I changed the name, I changed the pic. But seeing it again today after so long, reminds me of the why I want to write. I put word to paper to convey, connect, and even sometimes to convince.

It just may be time for a name change. It just may be time for me to get back to my roots and rediscover my love for the written word. One thing is for sure, even in the toughest moments, if we seek there is always a juicy bit of joy just waiting to be found.


          Jodi


2 comments:

  1. I'm partial to Juicy bits of Joy! Jodi got her bloom back 💐

    ReplyDelete

New Season, new blog

 It is a season of new beginnings for me.  I started a new blog on a different platform  www.jodisjoy.com  you can find it by clicking the l...